Receptionist - The Grange School
Salary details: £14234 - £14706
TEACHER OF SCIENCE MPS/UPS (R&R available for suitably experienced candidate)
Required: September 2019
The Grange School is seeking a teacher of exceptionally high calibre to join us as we continue an incredibly exciting journey. This position would not suit everyone and requires a dedicated and energetic individual who is passionate about improving life chances for young people. Since being judged as having “serious weakness” by Ofsted in February 2018, the school has undergone a dramatic transformation in its leadership and practices to ensure that all students can achieve their potential. The recent monitoring visit stated that “Pupils’ progress in GCSE subjects increased significantly in 2018” and that “leaders have presented a coherent vision for the future.”. The 2018 results the best ever for the school and are likely to see The Grange School being recognised as one of the most improved schools, not just in the area, but anywhere across the south coast.
The Science department at The Grange is a key part of this transformational journey. The team is led by two exceptionally experienced colleagues who have joined the school from Twynham School with a vision to create a department that will be a beacon of best practice in the region. Exam results in the summer of 2018 were very strong, improving by over 20% at the old C+ threshold and, over the summer, there has been extensive investment into the fabric of the science accommodation.
This position offers a unique opportunity to be involved in the development of a high performing department.
We are looking for an outstanding individual at any stage of their career who will relish the opportunity to:
• Teach science across Key Stage 3 and 4
• Improve outcomes for students in science and have a direct impact of students’ life chances
• Work with exceptional professionals to further develop a shared understanding of learning
• Further shape the curriculum in all Key Stages to enhance the quality of learning for students
You are likely to be someone who:
• Is an exceptional classroom teacher
• Has a proven track-record of improving outcomes for students or demonstrates the ability to do so
• Has an understanding of effective pedagogy
• Has exceptionally high expectations for students
• Believes that league tables are not the main focus for education
• Will embrace our highly supportive and professional culture
The Grange School can offer you:
• Opportunities for development across Twynham Learning Trust e.g. Lead Teacher and/or SLE status
• The opportunity to work with wonderful young people and their families
• The opportunity to work with exceptional colleagues throughout our school
• High quality continued professional development and opportunities to progress
• The opportunity to work within Twynham Learning; a forward-thinking multi-academy trust
• The opportunity to live in one of the most beautiful areas of the South Coast
Applicants are invited to apply through the TES website or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack. All applicants (especially those considering Lead Teacher or SLE status) are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Closing Date: Monday 25th February 2018
The Grange School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check.