Dorset and South Somerset Based Teaching and TA Opportunities; all sectors including the Alternative Provision Framework for Dorset
Salary details: £1 - £50000
LOVE LIVING - LOVE LEARNING
From January 2021, the governors, staff and children of Hazelbury Bryan Primary School are seeking to
appoint an inspirational and dynamic Headteacher who will bring the skills, leadership and ambition
required, to build upon the successes of our school and shape the future for our children.
Hazelbury Bryan Primary School is a small, rural, community primary school. Set in a village beneath the
Bulbarrow hills in the Blackmore Vale, in north Dorset, not far from Sturminster Newton.
We are seeking an exceptional individual who is a highly motivated, caring and energetic leader. As our
Headteacher, you will be a confident and impressive communicator with the knowledge and
determination to lead us on our journey to excellence. You will have a solid understanding of the
requirements of the new Ofsted framework and will be excited by the opportunity to further develop
our ‘Good’ school.
You will be ably supported by a hard-working and competent staff team as well as an experienced governing body with a diverse range of skills and expertise.
We welcome applications from existing Headteachers and experienced senior leaders.
We can offer:
● Kind, polite, hardworking children who are keen to learn and proud of their school
● An extremely positive, supportive and committed team of staff and governors
● An attractive location with strong links to the local community and the Church
● Continuing Professional Development opportunities
● Collaboration and support from other local schools in our pyramid
● A strong partnership with parents and carers, alongside a successful PTFA
● The chance to really make a difference and contribute to all aspects of the school’s future
The successful candidate will:
● Have a clear vision for the school, building upon our good Ofsted grading and striving for
● Have a passion for making a difference to the education and lives of all children within the school
● Develop strategies to inspire and lead staff in order to build on our strengths and ensure that we
continue to deliver the best for our children
● Have high quality leadership skills and a proven track-record for raising attainment
● Promote a happy and positive learning environment where potential is recognised and
achievements are celebrated
● Have experience of sustained school development planning and evaluation, with a full
understanding of the school improvement process
● Have an aptitude for leading exciting new projects for the development of the school and an
enthusiasm for the pursuit of additional funding
● Be an excellent classroom practitioner and be prepared to teach for two mornings a week.
We encourage you to read the applicant pack, our school website and Ofsted report. We warmly
welcome and encourage applicants to visit our school to really learn about us. Visits to the school can
hopefully be arranged in the coming weeks, so please contact Jayne Green or Helen Watson
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01258 817492 to make an appointment.
Applications via dorsetforyou.com
Hazelbury Bryan Primary School has an absolute commitment to safeguarding and promoting the
welfare of children. The School follows the national and Dorset policies and procedures for child
protection and security and the interview will include questions about safeguarding children. Current
and/or previous employers will be contacted through references as part of the verification process
pre-appointment checks if the applicant is short listed. The successful applicant will be required to
undertake an enhanced disclosure check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.