Town Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer - Corfe Mullen Town Council
Salary details: £39782 - £43662
Contract: Permanent, 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year. Flexible hours subject to cover requirements. 25 days paid holiday per annum, plus Bank Holidays.
We are seeking a skilled and experienced estates technician with a general maintenance background to work as part of our trust estates team to maintain and enhance the facilities and environment of our schools. With a strong customer-oriented approach, you will perform a range of duties to provide for general maintenance of the school premises, to include handyperson activities, compliance testing, liaising with contractors and responding to emergency requirements.
The successful applicant will be required to work a shift system of either mornings or afternoons and evening. A willingness to be flexible, able to work independently and travel between school sites is essential.
The successful candidate will:
• Promote and support the mission, values and approaches of the Trust
• Have proven experience and expertise in a caretaker/estates technician role with competency in a range of DIY skills and use of electrical DIY tools
• Be motivated and have the ability to work independently to manage workload
• Be customer-focused and resourceful to provide excellent customer service
• Have a working knowledge of health and safety procedures in an estates maintenance context
• Be willing to work in a mobile role across several trust schools
• Have high expectations, an interest in education and want to make a difference
Occupational pension, excellent facilities and uniform will be provided for this post.
We warmly encourage a visit to the Trust prior to application. Our Head of Estates and Health and Safety Compliance, Mick Clark is also available to have an informal discussion with interested applicants about the role. Please contact him on 07407 806995 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed applications should be returned either by post, marked ‘Confidential’ to; Catherine Watson, SAST Head of HR, St Aldhelm’s House, Bristol Road, Sherborne, Dorset DT9 4EQ or by email to: HR@sast.org.uk
SAST has an absolute commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The Trust and our Schools follow the national and LA policies and procedures for child protection and security and the interview will include questions about safeguarding children. Current and/or previous employers will be contacted for references as part of the verification process pre-appointment checks if the applicant is short listed. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced disclosure check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
SAST is committed to equal opportunities and positively encourages applications from all sections of the community
Interviews: During w/c 27th January 2020