Living in Dorset
Quality of life
- We're really well-connected: London is just two hours away by train, France is a short hop on the ferry, and Bournemouth International Airport offers flights all over the globe.
- Our coast and countryside is varied and beautiful. The Jurassic Coast is listed as a World Heritage Site.
- There's all kinds of sports and leisure opportunities. Plus 3,000 miles of footpaths, trackways and bridleways for walking, cycling and riding.
- We have a flourishing arts scene, with over 500 venues, galleries, museums, libraries and craft centres, not to mention the largest open studio event in the UK.
- Dorset’s schools provide excellent standards of education across all ages, with pupil performance, on most measures, putting the authority well within the top 20% in the country.