Part-time Science Technician - Lockyer's Middle School
Salary details: £6790 - £7063
Senior Service Designer – Dorset Care Record
Full Time / Permanent
£31,371 - £36,876
Two Senior Service Designers are required for the Dorset Care Record implementation project.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our programme team working for a partnership of eight large organisations across health and social care in Dorset. The Dorset Care Record (DCR) is a system used to provide a holistic view of the ‘citizen’ to professionals. The DCR brings together key information from existing systems across the partnership to enable better sharing of information across the core disciplines, supporting effective decision making and ultimately contributing to improving the provision of care to Dorset’s residents.
We need two Senior Service Designers with excellent business analysis skills to support the introduction of information into the DCR and the development of health and social care pathways.
Key to this role will be the ability to work collaboratively, building relationships with partners and suppliers. You will need to take ownership of design work across the partnership, supporting the development of testing material for the agreed solution and monitoring that delivery is to the agreed specification.
You will need to be experienced in delivering designed solutions underpinned by the appropriate design process, tools and techniques.
What you will be doing
As a Senior Service Designer within the DCR Programme you will be responsible planning and managing service design with partners. This will require working with subject matter experts from both health and social care.
The Senior Service Designer will be responsible for establishing, implementing and maintaining the processes and standards to support the work of the partnership in relation to DCR and the Wessex Care Record.
You will be coordinating multi-disciplinary teams from across the partnership and their suppliers to agree the type and format of information rendered within the DCR.
You will have a demonstrable track record of:
• Delivering customer focused design suitable for all users across the partnership
• Contributing to improved outcomes for people applying creativity and innovation
• Developing effective business relationships at all levels to achieve business objectives
• Ensuring key stages of the design process take place
• Establishing baselines and metrics to qualify benefits/outcomes
• Working with minimal support and able to mentor and coach others
• Understanding the importance of customer focus
• Communicating effectively, making complex and technical information and language simple and accessible for non-technical audiences
• Facilitating groups of stakeholders with differing views to gain the desired outcome
• Understanding technical complexity and risks,
• Running collaborative design activities, influencing others and build consensus
• Undertaking research to understand root cause of a problems.
• Generating multiple solutions to a problem and testing them, explaining clearly how the preferred solution has been reached.
• Making informed recommendations based on user’s needs, available technology and value for money
• Having an overall perspective on business issues, events, activities and an understanding of their wider implications and long-term impact.
• Understanding users and can identify who they are and what their needs are based on evidence.
• Ability to translate user stories and propose design approaches or services to meet these needs and engage in meaningful interactions and relationships with users.
• Driving forward the work of the teams and set the pace, ensuring teams are delivering.
Please refer to the context statement for more information on the role.
Working at Dorset Council
This is a unique opportunity to join a brand new council in Dorset – home to the spectacular Jurassic Coast and thriving market towns and villages with a strong sense of community and identity.
On 1 April 2019, five district and borough councils and the county council were replaced by the new Dorset Council which will deliver more efficient, accessible and modern public services.
You will have the opportunity to build your career in a modern, flexible and inclusive organisation, and this is an exciting time to join – at the start of our journey together.
For more information about our new council visit www.DorsetCouncil.gov.uk/about
Dorset Council provides a framework to explain the behaviours expected from everyone who works, or volunteers, for Dorset Council regardless of their role or grade within the organisation, find more information about this here. The behaviours will form part of the selection process, where you will be asked to evidence when you have demonstrated them.
This post has a significant travel requirement and you are contractually required to have a vehicle (or transport deemed to be suitable by the council) available for use as required.
This post requires you to have access to sensitive information and will be subject to a Basic Criminal Records Check. Please refer to our policy on the employment of ex-offenders for further information.
Dorset Council uses generic job descriptions and person specifications and therefore the job title in the attachments on the right may differ from the job title in the advert. Further specific information may be provided in a context statement where relevant.
For more information regarding Dorset Council’s rewards and benefits click here.
For further information regarding Dorset Council’s commitment to Equality & Diversity click here.
NB: You will be unable to view the job description and person specification forms after this vacancy has closed. We cannot accept CVs in place of an application form as we require the same range of information from all our candidates.
Dorset Council is committed to making our recruitment process barrier-free, and as inclusive as possible for everyone.
For more information on how to apply, please see this helpful guidance.