Senior Finance Officer - The Forum Centre
Salary details: £21589 - £25295
Permanent - 37 hours per week
£18,065 - £19,191
Dorset Council is looking to recruit a Skilled Roadman to join the Highways Operations team. The post holder will operate as part of a team to deliver works as directed.
What you will be doing
• Undertake general highway maintenance activities including kerbing, concrete work, paving and slabbing, laying asphalt, iron works, post erection, sign erection, fencing etc
• Take part in the out of hours Emergency Response and Winter Maintenance rotas as required
• Ensure daily drivers checks are undertaken
• Set out and maintain temporary traffic management
• Take responsibility for personal safety and ensure that actions do not adversely affect others
• Ensure that PPE is kept clean and in good condition
• Ensure that near misses and hazards are reported in a timely manner
• Ensure that defective plant and equipment if reported in a time
• Driving licence
• Experience of general construction or civil engineering work
• Experience of site safety procedures
• To be a good self-organiser
• Able to work in a team and under own initiative
• Self-motivating and a good motivator of the labour force
• Generally, to be willing, helpful, enthusiastic and flexible
• NVQ Level 2 in a construction related field
• Clean current HGV Driving licence
• Drivers CPC
• IT Skills
Working at Dorset Council
This is a unique opportunity to join a brand new council in Dorset – home to the spectacular Jurassic Coast and thriving market towns and villages with a strong sense of community and identity.
On 1 April 2019, five district and borough councils and the county council were replaced by the new Dorset Council which will deliver more efficient, accessible and modern public services.
You will have the opportunity to build your career in a modern, flexible and inclusive organisation, and this is an exciting time to join – at the start of our journey together.
For more information about our new council visit www.DorsetCouncil.gov.uk/about
Dorset Council provides a framework to explain the behaviours expected from everyone who works, or volunteers, for Dorset Council regardless of their role or grade within the organisation, find more information about this here. The behaviours will form part of the selection process, where you will be asked to evidence when you have demonstrated them.
Salary: Basic £18,065 to £19,191 (Inc Overtime and Standby up to £27,000).
For an informal discussion please contact Ross Sturmey, Senior Site Agent 01305 228100
Dorset Council uses generic job descriptions and person specifications and therefore the job title in the attachments on the right may differ from the job title in the advert. Further specific information may be provided in a context statement where relevant.
For more information regarding Dorset Council’s rewards and benefits click here.
For further information regarding Dorset Council’s commitment to Equality & Diversity click here.
NB: You will be unable to view the job description and person specification forms after this vacancy has closed. We cannot accept CVs in place of an application form as we require the same range of information from all our candidates.
Dorset Council is committed to making our recruitment process barrier-free, and as inclusive as possible for everyone.
For more information on how to apply, please see this helpful guidance.