Reablement Workers (up to 35 hours per week) (Weymouth, Dorchester & Bridport)
Salary details: £8 - £10
We are looking to employ experienced Support Workers to work within a dedicated team in supporting young people with learning disabilities and/or autism with complex needs to prepare for adulthood. You will provide practical assistance and emotional support to deliver personalised support to enable the young people to realise their hopes, dreams and aspirations in preparation for moving on to adult services.
The successful candidate will have experience of working with young people and experience of working with people with learning difficulties and/or mental health needs.
Working alongside the Services Manager and other external agencies, an understanding of statutory and regulatory requirements is a pre-requisite, as is a passion about ensuring the service we deliver is tailored to the individual needs of our customers and follows our person-centred approach.
- accessing the community
- budgeting and shopping
- accompanying customers to appointments
- maintaining family relationships
- personal care and medication support
- food preparation and menu planning
- other daily living skills
- Competitive rates of pay, reimbursement of mileage expenses paid above market rates and a free DBS
- Essential car users will benefit from the reimbursement of their annual MOT test fee
- Paid holiday of up to 38 days plus bank holidays per year (pro-rata for part-time employees)
- Access to a lone-worker support system
- Enrolment in a pension scheme with matched contributions above the statutory minimum
- Free, nationally-recognised training linked to all aspects of the role
- Staff discounts at over 250 high-street retailers including Marks and Spencer, Mothercare, Sainsbury’s, Apple and many more
- Access to Health Assured employee assistance programme, providing 1-1 support 24 hours a day.